RIGHT TO STRIKE- A LEGITIMATE ILLEGALITY!
SPECIAL COURSE NAME- RIGHT TO STRIKE- A LEGITIMATE ILLEGALITY!
PRICE- Rs. 4500/-
COURSE DURATION- 15 days
COURSE INCLUSIONS – Downloadable Online Presentation, Personalised User Dashboard for course queries, Certificate
LAWS CITED: The Trade Union Act, 1926
The Industrial Disputes Act, 1947
Tamil Nadu Essential Services Maintenance Act
The Banking Companies Act, 1949
The Constitution of India
This Paper throws light on the most popular debate under Labour Law, whether Right to Strike is legal or illegal in India. Various case laws and statutes have been cited discussing the legal scenario and moral standing of such Strike. This paper also discusses the International Scenario of Strikes and points on some of the greatest strikes every taken place in India and the World.
TOPICS COVERED IN THE COURSE:
- PREFACE: Historical Background of ‘STRIKE’
- Some of the Greatest Strikes in the History of the World
- INTRODUCTION: Indian Perspective
- Legal Standing of the Term ‘STRIKE’ in INDIA
- THE INDUSTRIAL DISPUTES ACT, 1947- Provisions of Valid Strike
- Notice of Strike
- General Prohibition of Strike
- Illegal Strike
- Penalty for Illegal Strikes and Lockouts
- STRIKE-A Legitimate Illegality!
- Where does The WORLD stand on THE LEGALITY OF STRIKES?
- Need of the Hour- A BALANCED VIEW!
- Why Should we REFRAIN from STRIKES?