LAW OF CONTRACT
COURSE NAME – LAW OF CONTRACT
PRICE- Rs. 399/-
AUTHOR – Ms. Surbhi Aggarwal, Advocate (B.A. LLB)
LAW INVOLVED- Indian Contract Act, 1872 Law of Contract is the foremost law that is taught to students in legal school. It forms the basis of most of the commercial laws in India. It familiarises the students with the various principles governing contracts such as formation, legality, breach and enforcement. The objective of this course is to strengthen the basics of Law of Contracts by explaining them in the easiest ways.
TOPICS COVERED IN THE COURSE:
1.Formation of Contract –
a. Meaning, Nature and Scope of Contract
b. Offer / Proposal: Definition, Communication, Revocation, General/ Specific Offer
c. Invitation to Treat
d. Acceptance: Definition, Communication, Revocation, Tenders / Auctions
e. Effect of Void, Voidable, Valid, Illegal, Unlawful Agreements
f. Standard Form of Contract
g. Online Contracts
2. Consideration and Capacity
a. Consideration- Definition , Kinds, Essentials, Privity of Contract
b. Capacity to Enter into a Contract
c. Minor’s Position
d. Nature / Effect of Minor’s Agreements
3. Validity, Discharge and Performance of Contract
a. Free Consent
b. Coercion, Undue Influence, Misrepresentation, Fraud, Mistake
c. Unlawful Consideration and Object
d. Discharge of Contracts
e. Performance, Impossibility of Performance and Frustration
f. Breach: Anticipatory and Present
4. Remedies and Quasi Contracts
b. Remedies: i Damages: Kinds ii Quantum Merit
c. Quasi Contracts
5. Indemnity, Guarantee and Agency
a. Distinction between Indemnity and Guarantee
b. Right and Duties of Indemnifier and Discharge
c. Rights and Duties of Bailor/Bailee, Lien, etc
d. Definitions of Agent and Principal, Creation of Agency and its Termination
- Bare Act of Indian contract Act, 1872.
- Avtar Singh, Law of Contract and Specific Relief , Eastern Book Company, 2013 (11th Edn).
- Pollock & Mulla, The Indian Contract and Specific Relief Act, Lexis Nexis, 2013(14th Edn).
- Cheshire and Fifoot, Law of Contract, Lexis Nexis, 2010 (10th Edn).
- Anson, Law of Contract , Oxford University Press, 2010 (29th Edn).