COURSE NAME- COMMERCIAL LAWS
PRICE- Rs. 399/-
AUTHOR – Ms. Surbhi Aggarwal, Advocate (B.A. LLB)
LAWS INVOLVED- Indian Partnership Act, 1932, Sale of Goods Act, 1940, Negotiable Instruments Act, 1881, Consumer Protection Act, 1986.
TOPICS COVERED IN THE COURSE:
I. The Indian Partnership Act, 1932
a. Nature of Partnership Firm
b. Rights /Duties of Partners inter se
c. Incoming and Outgoing Partners, Position of Minor
d. Dissolution and Consequences
II. The Sale of Goods Act, 1940
a. Definitions, Distinction between Sale and Agreement to Sale
b. Conditions and Warranties
c. Passing of Property
d. Rights of Unpaid Seller and Remedies for Breach of Contract
III. The Negotiable Instrument Act, 1881
a. Definition and Kinds of Negotiable Instruments
b. Holder and Holder-in-Due Course
c. Material Alterations and Crossing of Cheque, etc.
d. Dishonour of Negotiable Instruments
IV. The Consumer Protection Act, 1986
a. Definitions of Consumer, Goods and Services
b. Rights and Duties of Consumer
c. Authorities for Consumer Protection
- Bare Act of Consumer Protection Act, 1986.
- Bare Act of Indian Partnership Act, 1932.
- Bare Act of Sale of Goods Act, 1940.
- Bare Act of Negotiable Instruments Act, 1881.
- B.M. Gandhi, Law of Torts with Law of Statutory Compensation and Consumer Protection, Eastern Book Company, 2011 (4th Edn).
- R.K. Bangia, Law of Torts including Compensation under the Motor Vehicles Act and Consumer Protection Laws, Allahabad Law Agency, 2013.
- Avtar Singh, Law of Partnership, Eastern Book Company, 2012 (4th Edn).
- Avtar Singh, Sale of Goods, Eastern Book Company, 2011 (7th Edn).
- P.S. Atiyah, Sale of Goods, Pearson Education, 2010 (12th Edn).
- B.M. Prasad and Manish Mohan, Khergamvala on the Negotiable Instrument Act, 2013, Lexis Nexis, 2013 (21st Edn).
- P. Mulla, The Sale of Goods and Indian Partnership Act, Lexis Nexis, 2012.