LAW OF EVIDENCE
COURSE NAME- LAW OF EVIDENCE
PRICE- Rs. 399/-
AUTHOR- Ms. Surbhi Aggarwal, Advocate (B.A. LLB)
LAW INVOLVED – The Indian Evidence Act, 1872
TOPICS COVERED IN THE COURSE:
I: Introduction and Relevancy
a. Evidence and its Relationship with the Substantive and Procedural Laws
b. Definitions: Facts, Facts in Issue, Relevant Fact, Evidence Proved, Disproved, not Proved, Oral and Documentary Evidence, Factum Probandum and Factum Probans, Proof and Evidence
c. Theory of Relevancy: i. Logical Relevancy, Legal Relevancy, Admissibility and Reliability ii. Facts not otherwise Relevant (Plea of Alibi) – Sections 5 to 44
d. Doctrine of Res Gestae
e. Test Identification Parade
II: Statement – Admissions / Confessions and Dying Declarations
a. Admissions – Sections 17 to 23
b. Confessions – Sections 24 to 30
c. Dying Declarations- Section 32
III: Method of proof of facts
a. Presumptions – Sections 79 to 90A
b. Expert Opinion – Sections 45 to 51
c. Oral and Documentary evidence – Sections 59 to 100
d. Burden of Proof – Sections 101 to 114A
e. Estoppel – Sections 115 to 117
f. Privileged Communications – 120, 122, 126 and more
IV: Emerging Areas in the Law of Evidence
a. Evidence by Accomplice – Section 133
b. Definition of Witness, Witness Protection Scheme
c. Examination of Witness, Cross Examination, Leading Questions and Hostile Witness – Sections 135 to 166
d. Refreshing Memory
e. Impact of Forensic Science: Evidentiary Value in DNA Test, Narco-analysis.
- Bare Act of Indian Evidence Act, 1872.
- M. Monir, Law of Evidence, Universal Law Publishing Co. Pvt. Ltd, 2006.
- Rattan Lal Dheeraj Lal, Law of Evidence, Lexis Nexis, 2011.
- GS Pande, Indian Evidence Act, Allahabad Law Agency, 1996.
- Avtar Singh, Principles of Law of Evidence, Central Law Publications, 2013.
- Dr. Satish Chandra, Indian Evidence Act, Allahabad Law Agency, 2007.
- Batuk Lal, Law of Evidence, Central Law Agency, 1990..