ALTERNATE DISPUTE RESOLUTION- ARBITRATION AND CONCILIATION
COURSE NAME- ALTERNATE DISPUTE RESOLUTION- ARBITRATION AND CONCILIATION
PRICE- Rs. 399/-
AUTHOR – Ms. Surbhi Aggarwal, Advocate (B.A. LLB)
LAWS INVOLVED – Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996, Legal Services Authorities Act, 1987.
TOPICS COVERED IN THE COURSE:
- Meaning of Alternate Dispute Resolution
- Forms of ADR’s – Mediation (including restrictions on mediator), Arbitration, Conciliation, Lok Adalat
- Meaning and Definitions of Arbitration, Arbitrator, Arbitration Agreement
- Arbitration Agreement, Essentials
- Rule of Severability
- Composition of Arbitral Tribunal
- Extent of Judicial Intervention
- Interim Measures, Power of Court to refer Parties to Arbitration
- Jurisdiction of Arbitral Tribunal, Competence, Competence of Arbitral Tribunal
- Conduct of Arbitral Proceedings
- Place of Arbitration
- Arbitral Award, Termination, Enforcement
- Conciliation and its Mechanism
- Lok Adalats and Legal Aid under Legal Services Authorities Act, 1987
- Bare Act of Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996.
- Bare Act of Legal Services Authorities Act, 1987.
- Avtar Singh, Law of Arbitration and Conciliation, Eastern Book Company, 2013(10th Edn).
- J. G. Merrills, International Dispute Settlement. U.K : Cambridge University Press, 2005(Fifth Edn).
- Robert J. Niemic, Donna Stienstra and Randall E. Ravitz, Guide to Judicial Management of Cases in ADR, Federal Judicial Centre, 2001.
- J. Auerbach, Justice Without Law? Oxford University Press, 1983.
- Abraham P. Ordover and Andrea Doneff, Alternatives to Litigation : Mediation,
- Arbitration, and the Art of Dispute Resolution, Notre Dame: National Institute for Trial Advocacy, 2002.