LAW OF CRIMES
COURSE NAME- LAW OF CRIMES
PRICE- Rs. 10,999/-
NUMBER OF SESSIONS-
COURSE DURATION- 30 days
COURSE INCLUSIONS – Online Lectures, Customised E-book, Personalised User Dashboard for course queries, Guest Lecture, Course Quiz (optional), Certificate
LAW INVOLVED – The Indian Penal Code, 1860
Law of Crimes is the substantive study of criminal law in India. It centres about the Indian Penal Code, 1860 which enunciates principles and constituents of crime, various kinds of crimes and punishments prescribed for them respectively. Indian Penal Code, 1860 is the first point of reference in the Criminal Courts of India. The objective behind teaching this course is to deal with the basic principles of criminal law and its associated liability & punishment.
TOPICS COVERED IN THE COURSE:
a. Extent and operation of the Indian Penal Code
b. Definition of Crime
c. Constituents Elements of Crime: Actus Reus and Mens rea
d. General Exceptions
- Judicial and Executive acts
- Good Faith
- Private Defense against Body and Property
e. Incoherent Forms of Crime
- Joint and Constructive Liability
- Criminal Conspiracy
- Offence against the State
- Offence against Public Tranquility
- Capital Punishment
g. Offences against the Human Body
- Culpable Homicide and Murder
- Rash and Negligent Act
- Dowry Death
- Attempt to Murder
- Attempt and Abetment to Suicide
- Hurt and Grievous Hurt
- Criminal Force and Assault
- Wrongful Restraint and Wrongful Confinement
- Kidnapping and Abductions
- Outraging the Modesty of Women
- Rape and Unnatural Offences
- Cruelty and Offences relating to Marriage
i. Offences against Property
- Theft, Extortion, Robbery and Dacoity
- Criminal Misappropriation and Criminal Breach of Trust
- Cheating and Forgery
- Bare Act of Indian Penal Code, 1860.
- K.D. Gaur, Textbook on Indian Penal Code, Universal Law Publishing Co., New Delhi, 2012.
- Ratanlal Dhiraj Lal, The Indian Penal Code, Lexis Nexis, Butterworths Wadhwa, Nagpur, 2012.
- K.I. Vibhuti, PSA Pillai’s Criminal Law, Lexis Nexis, Butterworths Wadhwa, Nagpur, 2012
- Glanville Williams, Text Book of Criminal Law, Universal Law Publishing Co., New Delhi, 2012.
- Dr. H.S. Gaur, Penal Law of India, Law Publishers , Allahabad, 2013
- John Dawson Mayne, Mayne’s Criminal law of India, Gale, Making of Modern Law, 2013.
- J.W. Cecil Turner, Russel on Crime ,Vol I &2, Universal Law Publishing Co., New Delhi, 2012.