LAW OF CRIMES
COURSE NAME- LAW OF CRIMES
PRICE- Rs. 399/-
AUTHOR – Ms. Surbhi Aggarwal, Advocate (B.A. LLB)
LAW INVOLVED – The Indian Penal Code, 1860
TOPICS COVERED IN THE COURSE:
a. Extent and operation of the Indian Penal Code
b. Definition of Crime
c. Constituents Elements of Crime: Actus Reus and Mens rea
d. General Exceptions
- Judicial and Executive acts
- Good Faith
- Private Defense against Body and Property
e. Incoherent Forms of Crime
- Joint and Constructive Liability
- Criminal Conspiracy
- Offence against the State
- Offence against Public Tranquility
- Capital Punishment
g. Offences against the Human Body
- Culpable Homicide and Murder
- Rash and Negligent Act
- Dowry Death
- Attempt to Murder
- Attempt and Abetment to Suicide
- Hurt and Grievous Hurt
- Criminal Force and Assault
- Wrongful Restraint and Wrongful Confinement
- Kidnapping and Abductions
- Outraging the Modesty of Women
- Rape and Unnatural Offences
- Cruelty and Offences relating to Marriage
i. Offences against Property
- Theft, Extortion, Robbery and Dacoity
- Criminal Misappropriation and Criminal Breach of Trust
- Cheating and Forgery
- Bare Act of Indian Penal Code, 1860.
- K.D. Gaur, Textbook on Indian Penal Code, Universal Law Publishing Co., New Delhi, 2012.
- Ratanlal Dhiraj Lal, The Indian Penal Code, Lexis Nexis, Butterworths Wadhwa, Nagpur, 2012.
- K.I. Vibhuti, PSA Pillai’s Criminal Law, Lexis Nexis, Butterworths Wadhwa, Nagpur, 2012
- Glanville Williams, Text Book of Criminal Law, Universal Law Publishing Co., New Delhi, 2012.
- Dr. H.S. Gaur, Penal Law of India, Law Publishers , Allahabad, 2013
- John Dawson Mayne, Mayne’s Criminal law of India, Gale, Making of Modern Law, 2013.
- J.W. Cecil Turner, Russel on Crime ,Vol I &2, Universal Law Publishing Co., New Delhi, 2012.