COURSE NAME- CORPORATE LAW
PRICE- Rs. 10,999/-
NUMBER OF SESSIONS-
COURSE DURATION- 30 days
COURSE INCLUSIONS- Online Lectures, Customised E-book, Personalised User Dashboard for course queries, Guest Lecture, Course Quiz (optional), Certificate
LAW INVOLVED- The Companies Act, 2013
The Companies Act, 1956
No company/entity can exist in India without conforming to Corporate Law. Companies Act 1956 (amended)/Companies Act 2013 is the basis of this law course. It prescribes each and every detail concerning an entity starting with its formation upto its winding up. This course throws light on all the key aspects of corporate law making its study extremely interesting and simple.
TOPICS COVERED IN THE COURSE:
I: Incorporation and Formation of Company
- Company and Other Forms of Business Organizations
- Different Kinds of Company: One Person Company, Foreign Company
- Process of Incorporation
- Nature and Content
- Doctrine of Indoor Management
II: Corporate Financing
- Prospectus and Statement in lieu of Prospectus
- Shares, Share Capital and Debenture, Debenture Bond
- Classification of Company Securities
- Inter-corporate Loans
- Role of Court to Protect Interests of Creditors and Shareholders, Class Action Suits, Derivative Actions
III: Corporate Governance
- Kinds of Company Meetings and Procedure
- Powers, Duties and Kinds of Director: Independent Director, Women Director
- Different Prevention of Oppression and Mismanagement
- Investor Protection
- Insider Trading
- Corporate Fraud
- Auditing Concept
IV: Corporate Social Responsibility and Corporate Liquidation
- Evolution of Corporate Social Responsibility, Corporate Criminal liability, Corporate Environmental Liability
- Different Types of Winding up of Company
- Role of Courts in Winding up of Company
- Merger and Acquisition of Company (eg. like Arcelor Mittal and Air India Case)
- Cross Border Merger, Takeover Code: Role of SEBI
V. Doctrine of Ultra Vires
- Doctrine of Constructive Notice
- Memorandum and Articles of Association
- Bare Act of Companies Act, 2013.
- Bare Act of Companies Act, 1956.
- Saleem Sheikh & William Rees, Corporate Governance & Corporate Control, Cavendish Publishing Ltd., 1995.
- Taxmann, Companies Act 2013.
- Taxmann, A Comparative Study of Companies Act 2013 and Companies Act 1956.
- Charles Wild & Stuart Weinstein Smith and Keenan, Company Law, Pearson Longman, 2009.
- Institute of Company Secretaries of India, Companies Act 2013, CCH Wolter Kluver Business, 2013.
- Lexis Nexis, Corporate Laws 2013 (Palmtop Edition).
- A. Kamal Garg, Bharat’s Corporate and Allied Laws, 2013.