HUMAN RIGHTS LAW
COURSE NAME- HUMAN RIGHTS LAW
PRICE- Rs. 1,599/-
NUMBER OF SESSIONS – 07
COURSE DURATION- 30 days
COURSE INCLUSIONS- Online Lectures, Customised E-book, Personalised User Dashboard for course queries, Guest Lecture, Course Quiz (optional), Certificate
LAWS INVOLVED – International Laws including United Nations Charter
The Constitution of India
Every citizens should be aware of their human rights which are the basic rights that cannot be taken away by any institution in the Country. This Course focusses on throwing light on the major human rights prescribed under the Indian Constitution that are also recognized by all key International organizations such as United Nations.
TOPICS COVERED IN THE COURSE:
b. Origin and Evolution
c. Development of Human Right Regime
II. International Human Rights Law
a. UN Charter
c. Covenants of 1966
d. Optional Protocols
III. National Human Rights Law
a. Constitutional Provisions
b. Fundamental Rights
c. Directive Principles of State Policy
d. Human Rights Act, 1993
e. NHRC: Composition, Powers and Functions
f. Role of State HRC, NCW, NCM, SC/ST Commission
g. Role of Civil Societies and Media
IV. Group Rights
b. Women and Children
c. Indigenous People
e. Senior Citizens
BOOKS THAT MAY BE REFERRED:
- Bare Act of the Constitution of India.
- D.D. Basu, Human Rights in Constitutional Law, Lexis Nexis, 2008 (3rd Edn).
- Upendra Baxi, The Future of Human Rights, Oxford University Press, 2012 (3rd Edn).
- Thomas Buergenthal, International Human Rights in a Nutshell, West Publisher Company, 2009 (4th Edn).
- Henry Steiner & Philip Alston, International Human Rights in Context: Law, Politics, Morals: Text and Materials, Oxford University Press, 2008.
- S. K. Kapoor, International Law and Human Rights, Central Law Agency, 2014.
- M. K. Sinha, Implementation of Basic Human Rights, Lexis Nexis, 2013.