PROCEDURAL LAW- CPC, CRPC
COURSE NAME- PROCEDURAL LAW (CPC, CRPC)
PRICE- Rs. 399/-
AUTHOR – Ms. Surbhi Aggarwal, Advocate (B.A. LLB)
LAW COVERED – Code of Civil Procedure, 1908 Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973
TOPICS COVERED IN THE COURSE:
- CODE OF CIVIL PROCEDURE, 1908
a. Definitions: Decree, Judgment, Order, Foreign Court, Foreign Judgement,
Mesne-Profits, Affidavit, Suit, Plaint, Written Statement
b. Important Concepts: Res Sub-Judice (Section 10), Resjudicata (Section 11), Restitution, Caveat, Inherent, Powers of Courts
B. Initial Steps in a Suit
a. Jurisdiction and Place of Suing – Sections 15 to 22)
b. Institution of Suit, Parties to Suit (Orders I, II, III)
c. Pleadings: Meaning, Object, General rules, Amendment of Pleadings (Order VI)
d. Plaint and Written Statement (Orders Vii and VIII)
e. Appearance and Non-Appearance of Parties (Order IX)
f. Judgement, Decree and Execution (Orders XX and XXI)
C. Interim Orders
a. Commissions (Order XXVI)
b. Arrest and Attachment before Arrest (Order XXXVIII)
c. Temporary Injunctions (Order XXXIX)
d. Summary Procedure (Order XXXVII)
e. Suits by Indigent persons (Order XXXIII)
f. Inter-pleader Suit (Order XXXV)
D. Appeal, Reference, Review and Revision
a. Appeals from Original Decree (Sections 96 to 99A, Order XLI)
b. Appeals from Appellate Decrees (Sections 100 to 103, Order XLII)
c. General Provisions relating to Appeals
d. Reference to High Court (Section 113 and Order XLVI)
e. Review (Section 114 and Order XLVII)
f. Revision (Section 115)
- Bare Act of Code of Civil Procedure, 1908.
- C.K. Takwani, Code of Civil Procedure, Eastern Book Company, 2010.
- M.R. Malik, Ganguly’s Civil Court, Practice and Procedure, Eastern Law House,
- M.P. Tandon, Code of Civil Procedure, Allahabad Law Agency, 2005.
- Dinshaw Fardauzi Mulla, Mulla’s Code of Civil Procedure, Lexis Nexis (18th Edn).
- Sudipto Sarkar & V.R. Manohar, Sarkar’s Code of Civil Procedure (2 Vols), Lexis
Nexis India (11th Edn).
- CODE OF CRIMINAL PROCEDURE, 1973
a. Object and Importance of Cr.P.C
b. Functionaries under the Cr.P.C
c. Basic Concepts: Bailable Offence, Non-Bailable Offence, Cognizable Offence,
Non-cognizable Offence, Complaint, Charge, Police Report, Investigation, Inquiry
and Trial, Summons Case, Warrant Case
B. Arrest, Bail and Pre-Trial Proceedings (Sections 41 to 105)
a. Arrest and Rights of an Arrested Person
b. Provision for Bail under the Code
c. Process to Compel Appearance of Person
d. Process to Compel Production of Things
e. Condition Requisites for Initiation of Proceeding
f. Complaint to Magistrate (Sections 200 to 203)
g. Commencement of Proceeding before Magistrate (Sections 204 to 210)
C. Trial Proceedings
a. Framing of Charges and Joinder of Charges Sections 211 to 224)
b. Jurisdiction of the Criminal Courts in Inquiries and Trials
c. Types of trials: Sessions Trial, Warrant Trial, Summons Trial, Summary Trial (Sections 225 to 265)
d. Judgement and Sentences under the Code
e. Submission of Death Sentences for Confirmation (Sections 366 to 371)
f. General Provisions as to Inquiries and Trial (Sections 300 to 327)
g. Execution, Suspension, Remission and Commutation of Sentences (Sections 413 to 435)
a. Appeals (Sections 372 to 394)
a. Reference and Revision (Sections 395 to 405)
b. Inherent Power of Court
c. Transfer of Criminal Cases
- Bare Act of Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973.
- Ratanlal & Dhirajlal, Criminal Procedure, Lexis Nexis Butterworths Wadhwa, Nagpur, 2012.
- S.C. Sarkar, The Law of Criminal Procedure, Wadhawa & Co. , Nagpur, 2007.
- K.N. Chandrasekharan Pillai, R.V. Kelkar’s Lectures on Criminal Procedure, Eastern Book Company, 2013..
- K.N. Chandrasekharan Pillai, Criminal Procedure, Eastern Book Company, 2004.
- Aiyer, Mitter, Law of Bails- Practice and Procedure, Law Publishers(India) Pvt. Ltd., 2012.
- P.V. Ramakrishna, Law of Bail, Bonds, Arrest and Custody, Lexis Nexis, 2008.
- P.K. Majumdar, Law of Bails, Bonds and Arrest, Orient Publication, 2012.
- Justice P.S. Narayana, Code of Criminal Procedure, ALT Publications, 2012.