COURSE NAME- CORPORATE LAW
PRICE- Rs. 399/-
AUTHOR – Ms. Surbhi Aggarwal, Advocate (B.A. LLB)
LAW INVOLVED– The Companies Act, 2013, The Companies Act, 1956
TOPICS COVERED IN THE COURSE:
I: Incorporation and Formation of Company
- Company and Other Forms of Business Organizations
- Different Kinds of Company: One Person Company, Foreign Company
- Process of Incorporation
- Nature and Content
- Doctrine of Indoor Management
II: Corporate Financing
- Prospectus and Statement in lieu of Prospectus
- Shares, Share Capital and Debenture, Debenture Bond
- Classification of Company Securities
- Inter-corporate Loans
- Role of Court to Protect Interests of Creditors and Shareholders, Class Action Suits, Derivative Actions
III: Corporate Governance
- Kinds of Company Meetings and Procedure
- Powers, Duties and Kinds of Director: Independent Director, Women Director
- Different Prevention of Oppression and Mismanagement
- Investor Protection
- Insider Trading
- Corporate Fraud
- Auditing Concept
IV: Corporate Social Responsibility and Corporate Liquidation
- Evolution of Corporate Social Responsibility, Corporate Criminal liability, Corporate Environmental Liability
- Different Types of Winding up of Company
- Role of Courts in Winding up of Company
- Merger and Acquisition of Company (eg. like Arcelor Mittal and Air India Case)
- Cross Border Merger, Takeover Code: Role of SEBI
V. Doctrine of Ultra Vires
- Doctrine of Constructive Notice
- Memorandum and Articles of Association
- Bare Act of Companies Act, 2013.
- Bare Act of Companies Act, 1956.
- Saleem Sheikh & William Rees, Corporate Governance & Corporate Control, Cavendish Publishing Ltd., 1995.
- Taxmann, Companies Act 2013.
- Taxmann, A Comparative Study of Companies Act 2013 and Companies Act 1956.
- Charles Wild & Stuart Weinstein Smith and Keenan, Company Law, Pearson Longman, 2009.
- Institute of Company Secretaries of India, Companies Act 2013, CCH Wolter Kluver Business, 2013.
- Lexis Nexis, Corporate Laws 2013 (Palmtop Edition).
- A. Kamal Garg, Bharat’s Corporate and Allied Laws, 2013.